Purpose: To help students get re-energized and re-focused on positive learning.
- Step 1: Present information to your students in a positive and powerful way.
- Step 2: Insure that there is a good level of retention and recall of the material by asking questions and asking students to mind-map, etc.
- Step 3: Once you feel there is an adequate level of knowledge begin the ball toss game.
- Step 4: Simply ask students to pass the ball to another student. Whenever the student picks up the ball they must say just one thing that they know about the topic. Once they catch the ball they nominate who they throw the ball to and that person has to remember something about the subject.
- Step 5: At the end of the exercise congratulate everybody, get them to do an "I feel good!" and get ready for the next stage of learning.
NOTE: This exercise can quickly get students back into a positive learning state. It allows them to demonstrate what they know and also to get some practice at remembering information under stress.